The main work of the Conestoga Iconographic Studio is the creation of sacred icons for churches and homes. The saints and festivals depicted varies, but is usually connected to the person or congregation commissioning the icon. All of them are created in the same way—using local materials from the village of Conestoga to create a vision of heaven.
Day by day, local wood, soil, plants, and even bones are collected, worked, and offered in the making of an icon. This work is part of a consciousness that seeks to create locally from the place where the studio is located—an embodiment of creating in harmony with our environment. The stylistic-vision of its icons, for which the studio is known, is a gift from the Holy Spirit that embodies an ancient and direct vision. The resulting icons are works of great skill, which witness across Christendom, about our lives of faith and prayer.
The studio newsletter goes out by email every couple of months. It is for those who have a special interest in what’s happening here in Conestoga. In each issue you’ll find images of new icons, updates from past events, announcements about upcoming workshops, and, special photos from inside the studio.
If interested in receiving a copy, please sign up with your email address using the form on the sidebar.
- January 22nd, 2020 A New Year for the Studio
- November 22nd, 2019 Sharing Woad Seeds
- October 18th, 2019 Feast of Saint Luke
- August 7th, 2019 New icon, interview and workshop reviews
- June 3rd, 2019 New icon, video and workshop information
- April 1st, 2019 New video and article
- February 4th, 2019 New icon and interview
- November 5th, 2018 New Icon and prints